Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This is a post from SYLVIA

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 25, 2008

I saw this poster hanging next to a light post in Basel. I would say that this poster is postmodern, but has been slightly influenced by object poster style. I am actually not sure what the motive for this poster is because I can't read the foreign words. I don't know if ANIMATUS is a band, or an animation/design company or anything, but I'm pretty sure that the designer wanted it to be impressive and odd (maybe even a little bit humorous). There don't seem to be any set rules for the grid which adds to the crazy "skeletal duck flying through the air" idea. The imagery looks very flat, besides the figures, who look computer generated. I feel that the font size isn't quite working because it was pretty hard to read the small type due to the height in which it had been placed. Even the little duck men were indistinguishable from a distance. I think it is a little bit short of the 55-5-5 rule but not by much; when I recognized the figures I was pretty enthralled by the imagery. I think it is an attention grabbing poster. The black and white contrast with the blue haze was very attention grabbing. I wish i knew what the poster was trying to accomplish or what it was advertising; I think that it was meant to stand out and I think it accomplishes that goal.  

No comments: