Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fete de la Musique


I found this poster nestled just right off the train depot in Feydey betwixt many other street posters on a little round a bout. This poster has very clean, cut, and easy to readable type. This sans serif approach allows easy readability and since it is ragged left it portrays the characteristics of the International Poster style that was so popular a few decades ago. 
The use of the illustration of the Rabbit playing the drums layered one above the other in a conceptual, random manner is in-your-face and with the choice of white upon a dark pink is quite eye capturing which shows a more Postmodern Poster affect which is so prevalent in todays poster design.
I was really drawn from afar when I was leaving the train station. I saw a giant white rabbit that looked dead because of the x's on its eyes and it really interested me to see what it was about. As I approached closer to the poster I noticed that there were more rabbits and then I got even closer and saw the black text and found out what its purpose was.
I really think that this poster was successful cause it is different and the illustration was stylized and drew me towards it. Which I think was it's goal.

No comments: