Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bag Lady


I apologize for the reflection on the glass of this poster. I really like this poster and want to use it. I just didn’t get another chance to get a better photo.
This poster attracted me with its bright complimentary colors and clean white lines. It was posted in the train station in Brig. It was posted at the top of the ramp on the right side as you walk out to the city. From the grocery store in the station it is at eye level. It is a large poster.
This poster is definitely a descendant of the object poster. It has minimalism and rich colors and clean lines. The image, is a mix of photography and illustration. The illustrated flowers along the bottom are postmodern. They are playful and yet clean.
The concept and function of the poster is to get you to want the purse that the beautiful woman is holding. The way she is holding it and her provocative look convey a message that it is precious to her and you should want it too because she’s cool… and you’re not.
The type/image relationship is functioning really well. The image is so clean and bright and the type is also so minimalist and clean. As if they’re saying that they don’t need words to explain how awesome this company is… it’s right there for you to see.
The 55-5-5 worked for me. The first time I walked up the ramp I was immediately attracted to the colors. Then I was attracted to the woman’s clothing. Wanting some like that for myself. I didn’t really want the bag for myself… but the ad made me want to check out the website or the store for the clothes. I think it is successful because it made me want to go to the store.

No comments: