Wednesday, June 25, 2008

MUSEE SUISSE PHOTOGRAPHIQUE

This poster has by far been my absolute favorite poster I have seen yet.  We all saw it outside of the photo museum, it was on a poster stand and was literally right outside of the museum doors.  This poster is to inform you that you are at the museum, to make it stand out and so you don't pass by.  I really didn't see this poster anywhere else, I saw another poster for this museum but this one was unique to it's spot.   I think this poster is a post modern photo montage.  Obviously the entire poster is a black and white photograph, the text is layered and cut off.  The entire poster is a little in your face because of the size of the portrait.  I always love images with extremities in shape and contrast.  That is what really caught my eye with this poster.  From fifty five feet away this image was enticing because of the extreme contrast and shape.  When you got to five feet away it was still great because of the composition layout.   From five inches away it was informative.  
I love the simplicity of this image in the background, yet the lighting and prop make it substantial and complex.  Having an image that is so interactive is a great advertising method.

No comments: