Wednesday, June 25, 2008


Disneyland is one of my favorite places to be and go see, when I saw this picture I didn’t know what to think of it. I was walking along the streets of Aigle and in one of the shops I saw this out of the corner of my eye. This poster looks like it would be from the postmodern style. The character Mickey is drawn in a weird way and looks out of the ordinary. The font is also not a original nice font, it is funky and unusual. It attracts my eye because it is not what I am used to. It could have a little bit of International style because the words are organized but the font just makes it look non traditional. I think this poster is used for adversizing. It looks like there is a festival that has to do with cartoon characters and weird things. I don’t really know what festival it is for but I know because of Mickey it has to do something with a show of cartoons. The 55-5-5 works really well because from 55 ft away I could see that is was Mickey and I could tell that there were words. From 5 ft away I could read what the words were saying and all of the sponsor names. From 5 inches away I could tell that the background was not just a plan background. It has a design on it but it is just really light. It looks like it could be some kind of leafing or leaf design. I don’t know if this design has any significance to the poster. It probably does, it could be meaning where the festival is going to be or something like that, but I honestly do not know. This poster is really successful because it attracted my attention because of the cool design. If you saw this poster and saw that it was an evil Mickey Mouse wouldn’t it attract you? I really enjoyed this poster.

No comments: