Thursday, June 19, 2008

Rebelle


Marching up the hill towards the great Lausanne Cathedral, this poster was found in between a set of three posters one behind the other. These posters were to the right of the walkway right in front of some shopping stores on a "standee".
The information found on the poster in the top left corner states that the poster is in fact in conjunction with the musee historique de Lausanne, which tells that it is of historical significance. Portraying past youth rebellions in Switzerland.
Yet, as I first saw the poster I noticed from afar the red and the black. These strong contrasting colors made this poster jump out at me. As I came into a more personal distance from the poster I noticed the use of imagery as it came together to evoke feelings of hostility and defiance. This photomontage is strong and effective to portray the feelings of the people in the photographs.
The type itself reminded me of a hitler poster because of the sans serif typeface that is used. It is apparent that the grid system is being followed and the type does rag left which is characteristic of the Postmodern design. 
I know that this poster is effective because of it's strong use of photo imagery and color choice. The breaking sections force action and movement which vibrates and draws attention to itself. For this I am thoroughly impressed and greatly enjoyed this poster.

No comments: