Friday, June 20, 2008

Lady Football


This poster was found as I walked around the city of Basel. It was located near the train station. So a lot of people are able to see this poster. The International style of posters influenced this greatly. There is an orderly fashion about the writing and it is big. The font is also not a weird font , it is pretty common. There could also be an object poster. I can’t read what it says but it looks as though it is advertising some store or place. It could be a shoe store ad but since the Euro 2008 is in Switzerland everything has a soccer influence. This picture makes these boots look really good and it looks as though you could wear them with everything. So with the soccer going on, and these shoes being shown, it gives the impression that anyone can participate and buy these shoes. This was accomplished by taking a photo and them putting it on a red background. When I first saw this poster it caught my attention because of the bright red. As I moved closer I could read the print, and as I got 5 inches away I could see the detail of the tights on the women and the texture of the leather boots. Because of this I think this poster is very well done. It is attractive but still simple enough that I am not over welled. This is a great object poster that advertises an event. The photograph is really well done too. The way that the light hits the shoes really help to bring out more texture and more detail that you can see within five inches. This poster was done really well. I really like this poster and so should everyone else because girls love shoes and boys love soccer. So this poster is for everyone.

No comments: